Thinking of buying property? WHY? No really, give it some thought. I mean deep independent thought.
Are you keeping up with the Joneses, or do you fear you may never be able to get into the market again?
Many people are buying property because someone else told them to do so, or they believed the latest story in the paper. They are not necessarily thinking for themselves, instead they are just following the crowd and receiving results that don’t match their desires.
Don’t be influenced by the media or the short term market movements in prices. The most important thing is to use your brain and think about your own situation, what you want to achieve, and talk to professionals who live property and listen carefully to what you really want.
To understand the power of independent thinking, here is some wisdom about Warren Buffet, a real thinker:
- He bought his first share of stock at age 11 and he now regrets that he started too late!
- He bought a small farm at age 14 with savings from delivering newspapers.
- He drives his own car everywhere and does not have a driver or security people around him.
- He still lives in the same, small 3-bedroom house in midtown Omaha that he bought after he got married 50 years ago. He says that he has everything he needs in that house.
- Warren Buffet does not carry a cell phone, nor has a computer on his desk.
- His advice to young people: ” Stay away from credit cards and invest in yourself and remember:
A. Money doesn’t create man, but it is the man who created money.
B. Live your life as simple as you are.
C. Don’t do what others say. Just listen to them, but do what makes you feel good.
D. Don’t go on brand name. Wear those things in which you feel comfortable.
E. Don’t waste your money on unnecessary things. Spend on those who really are in need.
F. After all, it’s your life. Why give others the chance to rule your life?”
Need food for thought? Call our Acquisition Team on 02 9449 2333 for assistance with research, strategies and options available to you and how property can match your life plans.